SSI SCOOTER OR DPV COURSE $545*
Learn how to safely use a DPV and explore more with Dive Now Whangarei
Perhaps you are tired of struggling in current, have a long way to swim to a dive site, or just like the idea of whizzing aroung underwater on a powerful DPV?
During this course you will learn how to care for and operate your DPV so it gives you years of great service.
Not only will you enjoy seeing lots of aquatic animals, some may come and say hello, some will shy away from you as we are pretty big, but you will also enjoy the feeling of flying when you swim neutrally buoyant above the bottom stopping occasionally to look around.
This course is just the begining of a great journey, so whether you want to sight see, take photos, explore or collect sea food, this is the starting point in that journey.
Over the course some of the things you will learn are:
- Maintenance of your DPV
- How to safely use your DPV
- Learn skills to avoid a long swim home
- Safe use of your DPV
Currently, the course runs over one evening which includes a pool session and then 2 or 3 dives in the ocean.
If you wish to join this course, get in touch and we can schedule it for you.
Be warned, scooter diving can be extremely fun, but make sure your navigational skills are current.
Cost: $395 |*charter fees not included
Cost includes all training, certification and study materials. DPV not provided
- Open Water Diver
- Ideally, you will be confident with your buoyancy and navigation This is due to the possibility of travelling large distances
- Before you start the course you must read the SSI Wreck Diver manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews. You’ll be pleased to know that there is no Final Exam on this course.
- You have to fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- Ideally, you’ll train using your own equipment but all equipment can be provided free of charge if necessary.