SSI DRYSUIT COURSE FROM $300
Stay warm and dry all year round
Do you feel the cold or want to dive in New Zealand all year around and not just the summer? Perhaps you are a photographer or even a dive professional looking after students and you don’t move very far underwater. Well you will not be creating much heat through physical exercise. Whatever the reason, there’s no benefit to getting cold whilst diving. In fact, it’s actually a predisposing factor for decompression sickness.
The Dry Suit course is taught here at Dive Now Whangarei by instructors who dive all year in New Zealand in Dry Suits.
The course involves a little bit of theory from the Dry Suit Dive manual and then the rest is all practical. We will introduce you to the different types of dry suits available and the pros & cons of each. We have access to world leading brands such as DUI, Fourth Element, Santi and Scubapro so have the experience to advise you when it comes to choosing the right suit for you and your diving.
Once we have sized you up for a suit to train in and the appropriate undergarments from our school, we will spend time in our pool learning how to control the suit. Once you have mastered the suit in our pool, we can head to the Open Water for two dives to complete your Dry Suit training.
What you will learn on the course:
- Putting on and taking off your dry suit with minimal assistance
- Mastering buoyancy control using your dry suit
- Dive safety procedures when using a dry suit
Cost: $300 | 1 day Theory and Pool session | 2 Open Water Dives
Cost includes all training, certification and study materials. You can choose to do your 2 open water dives at a Shore based location (free of charge) or at the Poor Knights (if you choose to complete it at the Poor Knights then you will need to pay an additional $229 for the boat Charter).
Drysuit rental for course $100
- Openwater Diver or equivalent
Before you start the course:
- Before you start the course you must read the SSI Drysuit Dive manual online and complete the quizzes. You’ll be pleased to know that there is no Final Exam on this course.
- You have to fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- Ideally, you’ll train using your own equipment but we do have drysuits available in our school for rent if you require.
Transportation is not provided by Dive Now Whangarei, but we do our best to help organise car pooling to the dive sites.