SSI STRESS AND RESCUE DIVER COURSE $549
or $778 with the final dives at the Poor Knights
Rewarding and Fun
Rewarding and fun best describes the Rescue Diver course. This course gives you valuable hands-on experience in emergency management, problem solving and prevention. You’ll learn to perform diver assists and rescues, manage dive accident scenarios and render first aid.
These are the skills that can make all the difference in the unlikely event of an underwater emergency. Although challenging, many divers say this is the best course they’ve ever undertaken.
What you will learn on the course:
- Self Rescue
- How to identify a potential problem and react before it becomes unsafe
- Recognising and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Dive accident scenarios
Cost: $549 | 2 days (normally split over 2 evenings and 1 full day)
$778 with the final dives at the Poor Knights
Cost includes all SSI training, certification and study materials. Any specialist equipment will be provided for the duration of the course.
A minimum of 2 students are required for this course to run – Maximum of 6
Private courses can be arranged for 1 student or for groups with specific date requirements.
Saturday 3rd March from 8.30am and Sunday 4th March from 7am going to the Poor Knights $778
Saturday 20th May from 8.30pm and all day Sunday 21st May going to the Poor Knights $778
- SSI Open Water Diver or equivilent.
- Current First Aid course – Within 24 months. We can provide this.
- Recent diving experience or a refresher session in our pool
Before you start the course:
- You must read the online theory and complete the Knowledge Reviews and Final exam.
- You have to fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- Ideally you’ll train using your own equipment but all equipment can be provided free of charge if necessary.
Transportation is not provided by Dive Now Whangarei, but we do our best to help organise car pooling to the dive sites.