SSI PERFECT BUOYANCY COURSE from $349
Would you like to be in more control of your buoyancy and positioning technique?
Having great buoyancy control and proper finning techniques not only gives you more confidence and control, but it is also a must if you dive to more challenging dive sites and those with delicate bottom compositions such as coral or silt.
Buoyancy control and great finning techniques are the fundamental skills you need when you embark on any course, particularly where you will be introduced to an overhead environment.
So if you would you like to be in more control of your buoyancy when you are diving and have a better finning technique, then sign up now?
What you will learn on this course
- Gain the knowledge and skills to fine tune your buoyancy and learn finning techniques that will make a difference
- Get introduced to rear inflation BCD’s with integrated weight like the Scubapro Hydros Pro or OMS Smartstream systems that allow a diver to get better trim with less effort
- Weight check – not done it in a long time? No worries, we will show you how. Overweighted divers tend to have poor bouyancy/trim.
- Descent techniques
- Buoyancy control skills
- Weight distribution. We will look at gear variants that can affect this such as negatively buoyant fins like Scubapro Jet Fins versus more buoyant fins like the Apeks RK3 and the others that fit inbetween.
- Ascent procedure
- Safety stops and dSMB deployment
- Finning techniques
- Buoyancy games
Cost: $349 | 2 days | 1 evening for Theory and Pool Session then 2 Open Water Dives
Cost includes all training, certification and study materials. Any specialist equipment will be provided for the duration of the course.
Add on a trip to the Poor Knights if you would like to complete your open water dives in style.
- Open Water Diver or equivalent certification
Before you start the course:
- You must read the SSI Perfect Buoyancy Dive manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews. You’ll be pleased to know that there is no Final Exam on this course.
- You have to fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- Ideally you’ll train using your own equipment so that you can fine tune your weight and buoyancy to your own gear but we do have equipment available in our school if required.
Transportation is not provided by Dive Now Whangarei, but we do our best to help organise car pooling to the dive sites.