SSI NIGHT AND LOW VISIBILITY DIVER COURSE $399
See a different world at night!
The underwater world changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, enrol in the SSI Night and Low Visibility Specialty course.
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up today.
Scuba diving at night teaches you to focus on what you can see in your light’s beam, on controlling your buoyancy by feel, on staying with your buddy and on paying attention to details you may overlook during the day. During two night dives, you’ll practice:
- Light handling and communication techniques
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behaviour at night
Cost: $399 | 3 nights | Includes Theory Session and 3 night dives
Cost includes all training, certification and study materials. Any specialist equipment will be provided for the duration of the course.
Before you start the course:
- You must read the course materials and complete the Knowledge Reviews. You’ll be pleased to know that there is no Final Exam on this course.
- You have to fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- Ideally you’ll train using your own equipment, including torches but all equipment can be provided free of charge if necessary.
Transportation is not provided by Dive Now Whangarei, but we do our best to help organise carpooling to the dive sites.