SSI DIVE GUIDE $1450
Over 5 full days you’ll gain your Dive Guide certification. This includes 2 dives at the Poor Knights Islands!!
Expand your dive knowledge to a professional level
The Dive Guide program is the first step on an exciting journey. Learn to safely lead certified divers in various environments and conditions. By giving dive briefings, doing site evaluations, and leading dives, you will become a confident Dive Guide in no time.
Pro Rating? If you want to take this certification to the next level so that you can work in the dive industry, just let us know, all you need to do is pay the SSI Professional membership fee. This is a yearly fee that gives you lots of great benefits for working in the industry.
Begin your diving career working as a Professional Dive Guide or continue the qualifications for Divemaster.
Not going Pro? Well that’s fine too, you do exactly the same course, you just don’t have to pay the SSI membership fees.
What the course involves:
Digital Learning: SSI developed this program using modern Educational Management System (EMS) technology. It is designed to provide you with the knowledge required to become a Professional Dive Guide in an easy-to-understand, logical sequence. You’ll be able to complete the e-learning at home at your own pace.
Academic Sessions: These include lectures, instructor-led workshops, and other interactive activities. They are designed to apply the knowledge gained from the Digital Learning in a practical, real- world environment. By completing these sessions, you will gain an understanding of what it takes to become a Dive Guide.
Practical Application Sessions: This is the final component of your training, where you will further develop the skills and experience required to act as a Dive Guide. You will learn to evaluate dive sites, conduct Pre- and Post-Dive Briefings, and to lead groups of divers in a variety of environments.
The Dive Guide program is conducted over five full days. It can be adapted into a multiple-weekend format or several evening sessions.
PLUS, we also have a dive Retail Store and Charter Boat that heads out to the Poor Knights Islands so you’ll get real hands-on experience. We can also train you as an Air Filler (additional costs apply) and give you real life experience (on the Charter and in-store) which will give you more experience than most when applying for a job.
We can also help you in starting your career in diving. We have a lot of contacts in the industry, are often looking for staff ourselves and know what employers are looking for when hiring Dive Guide staff.
And if you want to take your training further into Assistant Instructor or Instructor we can do that all here too!
- Be 15 years or older (you must be 18 years old to be certified as an active status Professional Dive Guide).
- SSI Advanced Adventurer (or qualifying certification from another training organisation).
- SSI Stress and Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation).
- SSI Deep Diver, Navigation and Low Visibility/Night Diver certifications or proof that you have logged 5 experience dives under these conditions. If you need help achieving your specialties then we can help with that too.
- A current Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and a minimum of 50 for certification.
- You will need to obtain a Dive medical completed within the previous 12 months. Click here to download a medical statement form to take to your GP.
- All online e-learning materials
- Academic sessions and in-water training
- Final Exam
- Digital e-card
- SSI Professional Registration
- SSI Dive Guide Pack
- Tanks and air fills for all of your training dives
- 2 open water dives conducted at the Poor Knights Islands!
- We recommend that you have your own equipment to train in but we can provide this for the duration of the course
- Student discount on any gear you get from us during your course