DIVE NOW SSI XR FOUNDATION $550*
Intro To Tec - Back Mounted Twins
Our SSI XR Foundation Course – Intro to Tec course is the perfect course for divers who would like to experience Technical diving with back mounted twin tanks.
This course introduces the divers to the techniques required for using this specialist equipment safely in the classroom and in our pool, before heading out for our open water dives.
This course is a pre-requisite for our other SSI Extended range courses.
We also look at how this style of diving turns you from just a dive buddy into a reliable dive team member.
We will look to improve dive planning methods, in-water skills like buoyancy control and finning techniques, plus team positioning.
The specific skills this course will highlight are:
- Advanced Buoyancy Control
- Gas Management
- Situational Awareness
- Finning techiques
- Gear Configuration and Selection Many More!
*Price: $550 exclusive of charter fees if a charter is used.
In this course you will use the following gear;
Ideally be qualified as, and be using a drysuit
Back up mask and a dSMB and reel.
A minimum of 1 dive computer, ideally 2 dive computers and a set of wet notes.
If you are interested in our SSI XR Foundation course then please get in touch to discuss course dates. We run these throughout the year based on demand.
More photos are available on our Google account.
Our Intro to Tec course is a useful stand-alone course for the diver who wants to become a more skilled, more proficient diver regardless of if he/she intends to move on to technical diving. The course may also be used as an introduction to the SSI XR Nitrox course. And finally, it is also a good refresher for certified technical divers who may want to refresh their skills or have them re-evaluated by a SSI technical instructor.
Practise, Practise, Practise. Like all courses once you have completed it you must go and use the skills you learned and practise, practise, practise before taking the next step. It’s a journey, enjoy it there’s no need to rush.
What you will learn on the course:
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Team diving techniques
- Emergency procedures including dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations
In water skills include:
- Buoyancy control
- Finning techniques
- Problem solving
- Stress and Rescue
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 75 or more logged dives
- Enriched Air Nitrox qualification with a minimum of 10 dives using Enriched Air Nitrox
- Current dive medical signed by your physician
- All reading and Knowledge Reviews must be completed for session one of the course.
- All equipment with the exception of mask fins and exposure suit are included in the cost of the course. Charter fees are not included.