Semi Closed Rebreather - Mares XR Horizon Course $1899 - 40m Decompression Model
Mares Horizon SCR - Decompression
For divers seeking to leave their large scuba cylinder behind, make less noisey bubbles and be able to stay down longer and complete up to 25 minutes of decompression
In this Decompression SCR course, you will use a revolutionary semi-closed rebreather system with 2 Enriched Air Nitrox mixes.
The Horizon is easy to use, natural to dive, and designed with all levels of diver in mind. The Mares Horizon is in a class of its own amongst semi-closed rebreathers. Enjoy a new experience diving with fewer bubbles, improved buoyancy, and increased dive time.
The SCR Diving certification entitles the holder to dive with an equally- or more-qualified buddy, with the equipment configuration used during training and SCR diving procedures, to depths of up to 40 meters, with up to 25 minutes of decompression, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver’s training and experience.
- Our Horizon instructor is an experienced CCR and SCR diver and SSI and SSI XR instructor trainer.
- We have our own indoor on-site heated training pool and changing facilities with showers.
- Location in central Whangarei with on-site training pool
- Open Water dives take place on our Charter vessel that runs to the Poor Knights Marine Reserve.
What to expect on your course
- 1 day for Academic sessions, decompression planning and Final exam. Equipment configuration session
- 1 day for Pool skill development session. Open Circuit stage bottle handling
- 6 open water training non decompression dives
- At least 300 minutes of in-water runtime on the Mares Horizon
Standard Course Schedule
Day 1 Horizon SCR Course Theory.
Day 2. Theory, Gear configuration, Pool Time
Day 3 to 5, Six Open Water Dives
If at any time you are uncomfortable or feel you need any extra time, we are happy to provide this. We pride ourselves in producing high quality divers who have the confidence and skills to go diving safely with their buddy!!
BEFORE YOU START THE COURSE
- Have you ordered your Horizon SCR Unit?
- Check the medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- You have to complete the online theory course that you can download onto a tablet, phone or laptop..
- A minimum age of 18 years applies.
- Be an Enriched Air Nitrox Diver to 40%.
- Be a Deep Diver diver qualified to dive to 40m.
- Have a minimum of 50 dives.
A minimum of 2 students are required for this course to run – Maximum of 4
What’s not included
- Your Horizon SCR Unit
- Charter fees
Horizon SCR Course Dates
Saturday 19th November from 8.30am, then Sunday 20th November from 7am, Saturday 26th, Sunday 27th and Monday 28th November from 7am
If you have dates in mind, just get in touch with us.
What to expect once you book your course
We will send you an information pack with everything you need to know for the course. We will also send you out information regarding your eLearning login and registration.
It is important that you complete the medical form and get clearance from your doctor if you answered “YES” to any of the forms before coming along to the course.
Leave yourself enough time to complete the eLearning prior to the course start date.
We limit our courses to small groups and so if a student does not turn up for a course will have have to rebook and pay a rebooking fee of $100